We’ll be launching our Future of Commuting report soon in which we explore the future of transportation, cities, and work, looking at how shifts in technology, sociology, and economies will transform jobs, workplaces, and urban commuting by 2030.
To help envision what the world might look like in 2030, we’ve created five Future Commuter Personas who encapsulate the different needs and attitudes of commuters– ranging from the tech-savvy solopreneur to the semi-retired septuagenarian. In collaboration with the Transport System Catapult, we’ve also mapped future journeys for each commuter. These commuters and journeys can be used to explore what the future of your industry might look like.
Throughout 2018 we’ll be running workshops to help individuals and organisations envision what 2030 might mean for them, and how they can manage the risks of uncertainty using human-centred design. If you’re interested in how you can use these tools to innovate your products and services, please get in touch.
We’re also running a competition to win a place on one of these workshops. To enter, simply retweet one of Future Tonic’s tweets, from Monday 19th March to Thursday 29th March 2018, and add #WantAWorkshop. See Terms & Conditions below.
Terms and conditions
How to enter
To enter the competition entrants will need to Retweet Future Tonic’s tweets with the hashtag #WantAWorkshop
When to enter and who can enter
- The competition opens on Monday 19th March 2018 and finishes on Thursday 29th March 2018
- The entrants can enter at any point between these dates
- Entrants can enter the competition as many times as they like
- Automated or bulk entrants from third parties will be disqualified
- We reserve the right to exclude serial competition entrants who have entered more than four competitions in the last month
- The prize for winning will be a place on a Future of Commuting workshop with Future Tonic
- There will be an opportunity for the winner to blog their experience of the workshop
- The prize is as stated and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, goods or services
Data protection and publicity
- You consent to your surname, photograph and basic information about you being disclosed on Future Tonic digital channels if you win the competition
- The competition winner will be contacted by Future Tonic. You must provide accurate contact details on notification
- The competition will be run and the prize awarded at Future Tonic’s discretion. Future Tonic’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- We reserve the right to refuse entry into the competition
- We reserve the right to change the competition riles and these Terms and Conditions from time to time. If we do so, we will always have the most up to date version on our website. Your continued use of the website will constitute your acceptance of the new riles and/or Terms and Conditions
- All intellectual property rights in the images and materials on the website and used in our social media channels are ours and no person may make any use of them without Future Tonic’s express permission
Liability and indemnities
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence, or in respect of fraud, and so far as is permitted by law, Future Tonic and its associated companies and agents and distributors exclude responsibility and all liabilities, whether direct or indirect, arising from:
- any postponement or cancellation of the competition;
- any changes to, supply of or use of the prize; and
- any act or default of any supplier, which are beyond Future Tonic’s reasonable control
- Future Tonic does not accept responsibility for any liability arising from technical incompatibility, problems relating to the internet, or technical difficulties of any kind
- Future Tonic shall not be liable, whether in tort, contract, misrepresentation or otherwise for loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss of goods, loss of use, loss or corruption of data or information, or any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses
- You agree to indemnify Future Tonic against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of your agreement with Future Tonic
The competition and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English Law. England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions.